Account and Privacy
Who we are
Vantage South is the authorized distribution partner for Trimble. Where Trimble develops leading solutions in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics, Vantage South is your local partner for sales, implementation, support, training, and consulting services.
Our contact information including our address and a phone number is listed here:
4824 County Road 460
Samson, AL 36477
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect personal data for the purposes of processing your order, along with subscription renewals and supporting your experience throughout this website.
When you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping and for assisting maintain the security of this site
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes of:
- Sending you information about your account and order
- Responding to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Processing payments and preventing fraud
- Setting up your account within this store
- Complying with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improving our store offerings
- Sending you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout data for future orders.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
We accept payments through Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Embedded content from other websites
Some pages on this site include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- We will keep customer purchase records for ten years for tax and accounting purposes.
- Inactive accounts will be deleted after 12 months.
- Information about pending, failed and cancelled orders will be kept for six month. Then they will be automatically deleted.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Our contact information
If you have an enquiry or a complaint about the way we handle your personal information, or to seek to exercise your privacy rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, you may contact our Privacy Officer as follows:
Attn: Privacy Officer
4824 County Road 460
Samson, AL 36477
For the purposes of the GDPR, our Privacy Officer is also our Data Protection Officer (DPO).
While we endeavour to resolve complaints quickly and informally, if you wish to proceed to a formal privacy complaint, we request that you make your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer, by mail or email as above. We will acknowledge your formal complaint within 10 working days of receipt.